Monday, July 23, 2012

in my new shorts.....

What a fun weekend! First of all, let me tell you how much I love weekends! Two full days of spending time with two of my most favorite people, two mornings of getting to sleep in until 7 or 7:30 (Kyler gets up when Miss. S does to feed her), two mornings of coffee and conversation with another person who speaks the same language as I do and who may not agree with me but actually understands what I'm saying! Two full days of diaper changing assistance! I could go on and on. So....since joining the gym I had yet to go. After explaining to Kyler that I didn't have anything to wear (for some reason I put up all my athletic clothes and cant find them) he quickly decided that we were going to get me some new athletic shorts! OKAY, I quickly accepted this invitation to go shopping! This is his attempt to take away all excuses! We decided to go to T.J. Maxx. I always find great deals there but I always forget to go! So after looking through the clearance section (usually the first place I go in any store) Kyler explains to me that he has found some options! Surprised by how quickly he filled the cart, I was a little nervous as we made our way to the "fitting" room! Ten was the number of items you can take in to the room with you, which I thought was rather high but very pleased that I wouldn't have to do the "okay this won't work, now Ill take this one" game! Ten was exactly how many things I had to try on! THREE of which I had picked out! Upon entering the fitting room, I immediately heard the attendant strike a conversation with Kyler over one of his most favorite topics, Scarlett! Good, I thought to myself knowing that he was now too preoccupied to realize how long it was taking me to decide which shorts to attempt to try on first! I just decided to hold my breath and dive in! The first pair I picked out and didn't realize there were spandex riding shorts attached  to the inside! Quickly realizing these were not what I thought they were, I slipped tugged them off and went on to pair two. The next three were Kyler's pick and they were all three basically the same thing! Tight, short, stretchy yoga type shorts! Okay, I get where he is going with this. He is clearly going for (what could be hot on a skinny girl but not not this momma) looks, NOT comfort! However I appreciate his help, I quickly realize that I'm going to need to handle this quest on my on! Back to the racks for me! All in all I would say it was successful, 3 pairs of shorts for me and a new shirt for Kyler! That afternoon I made my trek to the gym in my new shorts. 45 minutes after entering the gym I was sweaty and ready to leave! Here's to new fitness goals! Sunday was a rather sore day for my legs so I decided to clean house all day and help Kyler clean out the garage! This was my attempt to convince myself that this was, in fact, exercise and I didn't need to go to the gym! So today is Monday and my goal is to make it to the gym today! Wish me luck! For now, I'm going to watch last nights episode of "KUWTK" and "RHONJ," have a fabulous day people!

No comments:

Post a Comment