Tuesday, July 24, 2012

damn bed rest.....

This post may contain TMI. Continue reading at your own risk!
For those of you that don't know my pregnancy story; I was put on bed rest at 31 weeks, and that's where it all started! December 13, 2011 is a day I will never forget! I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with this urge to pee, in fact I actually thought I was peeing! After getting up and making my way to the bathroom I realized I had some weird, wet substance all over me! Upon turning the light on I realize this "wet substance" was, in fact, blood! It was everywhere. (I remind you I am at 31 weeks in my pregnancy) I was freaked the freak out! Very calmly I woke Kyler up and told him we needed to go to the hospital! The ride to the hospital took exactly 11 minutes but it seemed like hours. I had not felt the baby move since the night before and I was way to afraid to jiggle my belly to attempt to get the baby to move. ( I refer to Scarlett as "the baby" because we did not find out what gender we were having) Upon entering the emergency room they quickly put me in a wheelchair and moved me up to triage on the Labor and Delivery floor. Once they got me into a private room they hooked up a baby heart monitor to my belly! This whole time Kyler and I are reassuring each other that whatever is going on with me and/or the baby, we are going to be okay and we are going to make it through this! As soon as the nurse put the monitor on my belly we heard the most amazing sound. It was our little baby's heart beating so strong! I immediately started to break down and the sprinklers came on. This was the first time I had cried through out this ordeal and it felt great! At that point I knew I could handle anything....well, almost anything! After a long 72 hours I was released from the hospital under conditions! Along with weekly doctors check ups, I was put on bed rest! Uggggggg. Bed rest?? The doctor was okay with me moving around the house but no shopping, cleaning, laundry and FOR SURE no working out! I couldn't pick anything up and I couldn't work or be around crowds! Let me remind you that this was right before Christmas. [I was so thankful I was 90% done with my Christmas shopping!] So needless to say, I became a lazy ass. Well at least I'm telling it like it is! I became a t.v. junkie and could fill anyone in on any reality show or major news that was going on! At my weekly doctors check ups the scale took a turn for the worse :( Of course I'm not going to tell you how much weight I gained but lets just say this, I could have survived a while in the wilderness with no food! I had some extra food stored away! Looking back at pictures of myself the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I don't even look like me! And the picture that I have of Kyler, Scarlett and myself the same day I delivered! Whew! I can just hear Scarlett now, "Mommy, who is that lady next to daddy that is holding me?" Needless to say I avoided the camera for the next few weeks! I was surprised at how quickly I lost half of the weight. The other half, well lets just say its not ready to move out on its own yet! So I took matters into my own hands and decided that I needed to do something to speed up this process! Hence the gym membership! Today I completed my 3rd day to exercise in the past 4 days! That's right! AND i have lost 2lbs! lol Ok so I know its not just going to fall off like that until I'm back to my starting weight of 115 (in high school)! But seriously I feel like a whole new woman with this increased energy and I actually forgot how good it felt to sweat so much! Having taken a 7 month break from the gym and any kind of exercise I am feeling pretty darn good to get back at it! Now my goal is to stay at it! Ive decided to do my own "12 week challenge" since the one the gym offers costs way too much ($1,200)! October 14th will be twelve weeks so we'll see what happens! Oh and can I tell you, Scarlett LOVES the kids care center! She has been there twice now for 45 minutes and hasn't had a fit yet! The girls that work in there really seem to like her too, which helps calm my nerves quite a bit! All in all I would say its been a long time coming and I'm happy at how everything is unfolding!

No comments:

Post a Comment