Tuesday, July 31, 2012

(crazy) sleeping beauty.....

I never thought that one little 13lb (that's a guesstimate) girl could do so much damage in her crib. Most of which is done while she sleeps! A few weeks ago Scarlett woke up from a nap crying. It was a little before she should have been awake so I let her try to comfort herself back to sleep. After a minute or two she was screaming and I was not okay with that so I went in to check on her! I immediately started feeling like the worst mother ever as I enter her room only to discover her little leg was stuck through the slats of the crib between the crib and the wall! How on earth this happened, I wasn't sure! What I was sure of was that I was going to pick my baby up and hug her and rub her little red leg and make everything all better! After some consideration I decided we would still not put a bumper in her bed thinking this was maybe just a one time thing! Boy was I wrong! In the past 2 days she has gotten limbs stuck out twice! TWICE! Will she learn? Probably not! I did however figure out how this was happening. She uses the slats in her bed like a ladder to push herself around. Well she will get a leg through the slat and try to turn her body. Therefore, wedging her leg. I know, crazy! To top this off she has officially been temporarily (I hope) denied her rights to a blanket in her crib! Ever since she was weeks old, she loves covering up her face when she sleeps! Well....lets just say she has taken this to a whole new level! Yesterday, twice, I heard her moving and grunting around in her crib so I go to check on her. What do I find? My daughter with her blanket wrapped around her head. I mean there was no possibility of her getting out of this mess on her own! Seriously? What does this little girl do in her sleep? After hearing her at 1:30am and discovering her blanket wrapped head again I decide this is it! NO MORE BLANKET!! Oh and not to mention her "disappearing pacy" trick! Tonight when we went to put her down, no pacies were to be found! Where were they, you might ask? Under her bed! Yup! 5 pacies dropped down the side of her crib and under her bed! This girl is seriously a mess! How does she get ANY sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment