Saturday, July 21, 2012

i'll hug her a little tighter.......

Friday morning when I woke up my life was totally put into perspective. And to think that my biggest concern was what show to watch and what show to DVR on Sunday [since I have 4 shows on at the same time]! All morning I, along with the rest of the country, was wondering what type of person could do something this horrific. GMA, HLN, CNN, you name it, they were covering it! I have mixed feelings of the media, by the way. On one hand I totally understand wanting to get information to the public "as it comes in," but on the other hand I would much rather accurate information a few minutes after it comes in! Also, "speculation" is another thing I don't consider very good reporting! (OK that's it for my rant) My heart sunk deeper and deeper as I sat helpless in front of the TV listening to these victims recap their tragic experience. It was heart wrenching! Just as I was starting to get lost in the sadness I heard the most magical sound (sounds corny I know). My little girl giggling at herself in her crib was exactly what I needed to hear at that moment! It made me thankful. Thankful that my baby was awake and that I had a good excuse to walk away from the t.v. I couldn't stand it any longer! I am having a hard time writing this post because I really don't like talking about sad things so I'm going to leave you with this: Don't take any day for granted and hug the ones you love just a little tighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment